In both the mobile version and the browser version, we can use other networks.
The process requires only six steps and allows for immediate use.
Metamask is a wallet that is configured to send and receive Ether (ETH) and tokens on the Ethereum mainnet. It has secured a privileged position among the most recognized by the public with it, and little by little, it has been adding support to work in other blockchains, such as BNB Chain (formerly Binance Smart Chain), Polygon, Avalanche, RSK, Okex Chain, Huobi ECO Chain, Cronos and Fantom.
This wallet has its own mobile version – for both Android and iOS – and can also be used as a browser extension on your PC. If you want to know how to download, configure and use this latest version, we recommend you visit this CriptoNoticias article.
As mentioned, Metamask allows working with other networks besides Ethereum. Thanks to this function, it is possible to interact with smart contracts when using decentralized applications (dApps). However, this is something We have to configure it manually to be able to use it.
Configure Metamask for other networks
Metamask is a wallet compatible with all networks that work with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (Ethereum virtual machine or EVM). This would be like an Ethereum processor, a type of distributed computer capable of performing complex operations.
EVM allows you to program and run smart contracts on Ethereum and other compatible networks as well.
To configure the wallet for any of these networks, you need to follow some simple steps. Next, we will describe the general procedure, and when the time comes, we will detail the data that must be entered for each of them.
- Open Metamask and enter the password to access the main screen.
- In the upper right corner, click on “Ethereum Mainnet” or “Ethereum Mainnet”. Then select Add Network or Add Network.
- You will then see the following setup screen.
- The next step will be to add the specific data for each network. We will describe them below.
- At the end of the process, you will see a notification confirming that the network has been added.
- To check this, you just have to go back to the initial wallet screen. If it doesn’t take you there automatically, tap the Metamask icon and then tap the network selection tab in the top right corner of the screen.
BNB Chain (ex Binance Smart Chain)
Formerly known as Binance Smart Chain, BNB Chain is a blockchain developed by the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange Binance. this is Its main purpose is to allow transactions with low commissions From the Ethereum mainnet.
To configure it in the Metamask wallet, you must follow the described steps and complete them with this information:
- Network name: smart series
- New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
- String ID: 56
- Currency Code: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
Polygon, formerly known as Matic, is a side chain of Ethereum that connects to the mainnet and Allows faster and cheaper transactions In which. In a certain way, this network does not seek to compete with Ethereum, but rather to help it expand its potential uses and decongest it.
To use the blockchain with Metamask, do the following:
- Network name: Matic Minute
- New RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com/
- String ID: 137
- Currency Code: matic
- Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
RSK is a Bitcoin side chain that offers the advantage of being able to create smart contracts on this network. In this way, the scalability of the chain is improved and services such as decentralized finance protocols can be accessed using a token copy of Bitcoin (rBTC) as the unit of account and the original cryptocurrency of the network.
How do you add it to Metamask? Follow the instructions mentioned and enter the following data:
- Network name: RSK Mainnet
- New RPC URL: https://public-node.rsk.co
- String ID: 30
- Currency Code: RBTC
- Block Explorer URL: https://explorer.rsk.co
Like Polygon, the avalanche is Ethereum’s side chain. While also looking to lower fees and increase speeds on the main network, It also adds interoperability between different block chains.
To set up Avalanche in your wallet, add these details:
- Network name: Avalanche Network
- New RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- String ID: 43114
- Currency Code: fax
- Block Explorer URL: https://snowtrace.io/
Kronos (as the Crypto.org chain)
Kronos is a blockchain developed by the Crypto.com exchange. The main advantage of this network is that it allows decentralized applications to be exported from Ethereum via the EVM to other blockchains compatible with the virtual machine.
To add this network to those supported in Metamask, you must enter these data:
- Network name: Kronos
- New RPC URL: https://evm-cronos.crypto.org/
- String ID: 25
- Currency Code: CRO
- Block Explorer URL: https://cronos.crypto.org/explorer/
Fantom is a blockchain focused on advanced smart contracts. Its main goal is to provide an ideal environment for developing DeFi protocols and dApps in a secure, economical and fast network.
In Metamask, enter the following parameters to enable transactions using this network:
- Network name: Phantom opera
- New RPC URL: https://rpc.ftm.tools/
- String ID: 250
- Currency Code: FTME
- Block Explorer URL: https://ftmscan.com/
Okex . series
Developed by the exchange company Okex, this blockchain seeks to be a decentralized solution for the exchange of value, i.e. trading or trading cryptocurrencies.
This is the data needed to add support for the Metamask blockchain:
- Network name: OKExChain Mainnet
- New RPC URL: https://exchainrpc.okex.org
- String ID: 66
- Currency Code: October
- Block Explorer URL: https://www.oklink.com/okexchain/
Huobi ECO (HECO) Series
The blockchain is developed by Huobi exchange. Since its smart contracts are compatible with Ethereum, it can make it easy to develop decentralized applications, wallets and tokens on it. The advantage is that its use does not require high costs.
To add a HECO network in Metamask, the following parameters must be configured:
- Network name: Heiko Minute
- New RPC URL: https://http-mainnet-node.huobichain.com/
- String ID: 128
- Currency Code: HT
- Block Explorer URL: https://hecoinfo.com/
Take advantage of all possibilities with Metamask
As we can see, Metamask is a very versatile wallet. Thanks to this versatility, it offers the possibility to interact with many blockchains and thus facilitates the user experience to do everything “from one place”.
In short, with just these simple steps, you can get more out of your Metamask wallet. Don’t limit yourself to using only one chain of blocks in this wallet if you have the option to add more for a more convenient and secure management of your money.