The major news of the week came within the context of the Bitcoin 2022 Conference, an event that took place from April 6-8 in Miami, United States, where an important group of personalities from the ecosystem gathered. There, the “Declaration of Monetary Independence” was presented, with 27 statements on the current monetary situation and 29 distinct properties of Bitcoin, signed by the attendees.
Meanwhile, the bitcoin price managed to stabilize above $45,000 in the early days of the week, although it declined slightly after that. The weekly rise in the cryptocurrency is estimated at 7%. At the time of writing, the cryptocurrency is trading at $41,128, as indicated by the market price for Latin America and Spain, according to price calculator CriptoNoticias.
These are the most important news:
- CriptoNoticias was present at the Miami Beach Convention Center, where the Bitcoin 2022 conference was held. There, visitors were surprised by the flag of the giant. This is the “Declaration of Monetary Independence” made by Mark Maria, Mike Hobart and Ulric Pattillo, contributors to Bitcoin Magazine. The initiative Revealed the sentiments of many bitcoins: “Central banks and governments around the world have abused the exorbitant privilege of printing money.” They suggest a new way of doing things without spelling out the end of the US dollar.
- Among the most anticipated participation in the conference was that of the President of El Salvador, Neb Bokel. However, the president He hung his help at the last minute Because of “unforeseen circumstances” that necessitated his “full-time” presence in his country. On the other hand, he also learned that a small private city called Prospera, in the territory of Honduras, Adoption of Bitcoin as a legal currency, which represents another step in the launch of the first cryptocurrency in the monetary system of countries. Joel Baumgar, President of Honduras Próspera Inc. implementation of the project.
- Investor and entrepreneur Peter Thiel, co-founder of Paypal and a member of the Facebook board of directors, said that it is always difficult to know where the price of Bitcoin is headed, but what he can see is that. It is the most honest market in the world. This is because supply and demand are controlled by the users themselves and not by a central entity. “Central banks are bankrupt and we are at the end of the fiat currency system,” he said. Meanwhile, the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has announced the approval of the Teucrium Bitcoin Futures Trading Fund (BTC ETF) on the NYSE Arca. The fact gave reason to believe that an ETF could be approved immediately or in cash soon.
- In Russia, the first deputy head of the Central Bank, Ksenia Yudaeva, rejected the proposal of Anton Gorelkin, State Duma deputy from the ruling United Russia party, Using Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies to Evade State Sanctions. The official stresses that transfers of large sums of money in cryptocurrency by Russian companies will not be possible due to the surveillance imposed by Western countries. It is precisely in this sense that the European Commission issued its decision, which this week launched another package of measures prohibiting “the provision of high-value crypto services to Russia”.
- Since the beginning of 2021 until now, Bitcoin locked into decentralized finance (DeFi) protocols has tripled. Information portal data defillama.com It showed that the value locked on the Bitcoin RSK, Stacks, and DeFiChain side networks exceeds $1.35 billion. These numbers are staggering considering that Ethereum, so far Domina DeFi domain. Meanwhile, in a Bloomberg report, technology specialist Olga Khareef spoke about the vulnerability to 51% attacks and voluntary and involuntary forks. These could be the biggest evils affecting Ethereum When the date is close to merging to 2.0.
- Blockstream has announced its partnership with Tesla, Elon Musk’s company, to get it done Providing Solar Energy for Your Bitcoin Mining Farm. The plant will be installed in the United States with the help of Jack Dorsey’s Block Inc. The idea is to mine cryptocurrency with renewable energy on US soil. For this purpose, the company of billionaire Elon Musk will be responsible for supplying the Tesla Solar PV solar panels.
If you want to know the meaning of several words from the crypto world, you can refer to them in the comprehensive glossary of CriptoNoticias. Here’s a quick glimpse of the word ROMO.
weak hands: Literally, “weak hands”. It refers to a cryptocurrency investor who gets carried away by emotion or panic when buying and selling, easily disposing of his or her holdings.